- 1 〔委(ゆだ)ねる〕entrust ((a person with a matter, a matter to a person))
- He can't be entrusted with this job.／We can't entrust this job to him.
- I leave everything 「to you [in your hands].
- leave one's child in the care of one's mother
- The boy was placed under his guardianship.
- 2 〔そのもののなすままにする〕
- leave it to chance
- I'll let the matter take its own course.
- I'll leave it to your imagination.
- At last she gave [((文))yielded] herself to him.
- go where one's feet lead one
- 3 〔存分に使う〕
- without regard to cost
- with all one's strength／by force
- With so much time on my hands, I read five novels this week.