- 1〔喜ぶこと〕(a) joy, (a) pleasure
- She trembled [was filled] with joy.
- Listening to jazz is my greatest pleasure.
- His success makes me very happy.
- Nothing could please me more than to hear that.
- He was savoring his happiness all by himself.
- He showed his joy quite openly.
- The whole village was bubbling with joy.
- In his family happy events, such as his daughter's marriage and his son's graduation from college, occurred one after another.
- a letter of congratulations
- I sent a telegram to a friend to congratulate him on his marriage.
- Happy New Year!