- 〔仕返し，復讐ふくしゅう〕retaliation, revenge; (a) reprisal（▼可算名詞の場合，しばしば複数）；〔報い〕retribution
報復する retaliate ((against a person, for a thing))；take revenge ((on a person))；avenge ((an injury, a wrong))
- The guerrillas avenged their executed comrades by kidnapping government VIPs.／The guerrillas kidnapped important government officials in retaliation for the execution of their comrades.
- 報復関税retaliatory [retaliative] duties
- 報復手段an act of retaliation; a retaliatory measure
- The president decided 「to retaliate [to take retaliatory measures/on reprisals] against that country.