- 1 〔意志〕one's will; 〔決意〕one's resolution
- a man of 「strong will [resolution]
- 2 〔目的〕an aim, (a) purpose; 〔意図〕one's intention(s)
- He decided on his path in life and left home.
- At twenty he determined [resolved] to become a doctor.
- He attained [accomplished] his aim [purpose] at last.／He finally realized his aspiration [ambition／goal].
- Things turned out contrary to my hopes [intentions].
- 3 〔望み〕(a) wish
- Following my father's wishes, I took over the family business.
- 4 〔好意〕kindness
- I appreciate your kindness very much, but....
- You should accept her kind offer to help you.
- 5 〔気持ちを表した贈り物〕
- This is only 「a small present [a small token of my gratitude].
- He left some money as a tip on the table.