- shame；〔名誉を汚すもの〕(a) disgrace
- a shame-sensitive society
- It would be shameful [a disgrace/disgraceful] for you to do a thing like that.
- His misdeeds will bring disgrace on his family.
- He made a fool of himself by drinking too much.
- The boy's bad behavior embarrassed his mother.
- I was 「put to shame [humiliated] in public.
- He has no sense of shame [honor].
- For shame!／You ought to be ashamed (of yourself).
- He wanted to wipe away the disgrace he had incurred.
- endure one's disgrace／bear up under one's shame
- A lazy man is a dishonor to his family.
- That will (only) add to your shame.／That would make it a double disgrace.
- He who is ashamed of asking is ashamed of learning.