- 1 〔引き受けて保管する〕keep
- Please keep this suitcase for me.
- I want you to keep this money for me.／I'd like to leave this money in your keeping.〔銀行で〕I'd like to deposit this money.
- He has charge of the school keys.
- 2 〔引き受けて世話をする〕
- I 「look after [take care of] five children during the day.
- I have [am in] charge of his summer cottage.／I look after his summer cottage.
- While the couple were away on a trip, I took care of their house.
- She handles [manages] the family finances.
- 3 〔保留する〕
- The referee stopped the game [match], leaving the outcome undecided.
- Let me consider your resignation for a while.／((米・文)) I will take your resignation under advisement for the time being.