a give stone a for loaf パンを求める者に石を与える；助けるふりをして愚弄
A 10.5 feet (3.2 m)
stone wall was built around the garden, enclosing an area from the gatehouse to the south end of the Roman fort.
A few, such as Luxor and Philae, were converted into churches, but many more went completely disused, and over time locals carried off their
stones to use as material for new buildings.
A full-size non-working replica was erected on the original
stone base in August 1974; it includes a blade made from a casting of the original, which as of 2011 is displayed in the Bankfield Museum in Boothtown on the outskirts of Halifax.
stone staircase began on the west side of the keep before turning and meeting the forebuilding, which could be entered by crossing a drawbridge across a gap 9 feet (2.7 m) wide.
According to local legend, the cherubim carved in
stone above the golden niches and in the pillars' capitals are illustrations of children living on campus at the time of the church's construction.
Stanford Memorial Church
stone located on capitol grounds is the GAR Stone, a memorial to American Civil War veterans who fought for the Union.
Michigan State Capitol
Carey's Mill Bridge was built of Ham
stone in the 18th century and named after Carey's Mill which originally occupied the site.
Despite vigorous cleaning, the porous nature of the
stone used in the Shrine's construction meant that the slogan remained faintly visible for over 20 years.
Shrine of Remembrance
Diamond enhancements are specific treatments performed on natural or synthetic diamonds (usually those already cut and polished into a gem), which are designed to better the gemological characteristics of the
stone in one or more ways.
Even before the Old Kingdom, the ancient Egyptians had developed a glassy material known as faience, which they treated as a type of artificial semi-precious
For example, when Tattershall Castle was built between 1430 and 1450, there was plenty of
stone available nearby, but the owner, Lord Cromwell, chose to use brick.
His monumental Gothic
stone civic buildings in Christchurch, which would not be out of place in Oxford or Cambridge, are an amazing achievement over adversity of materials.
In 1937 each
stone on the upstream side was removed and numbered and the bridge widened; the stone facing of the upstream side was then reassembled and the bridge reopened to traffic in 1940.
Richmond Bridge, London
In 1952, Adams, Holden & Pearson were appointed by English Electric's chairman, Sir George Nelson, and Holden designed a monolithic
stone building around a courtyard.
In late 2010, the beer producer launched a website to tell about the making of the beer product line and the story of the restoration of the
Santa Maria de Ovila
Knobs, indentations and dovetails were used to form joints between
Mary also expanded the buildings used by the Knights of Windsor in the Lower Ward, using
stone from Reading Abbey.